|Fig and Coconut Muffins|
|The muffin mix|
2 cups flour (you may use wholemeal flour if you wish or half and half)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup milk
1 large egg
60mL olive oil
2 tbsp fig jam
8 baby figs or 5 regular figs sliced to wedges
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and add baking powder, sugar, coconut and a pinch of salt.
- Next, add the milk half cup at a time and mix well. After that add the olive oil, fig jam and egg and mix the batter until it is even.
- Add the sliced figs to the batter and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into paper cases making sure you divide them equally. They are now ready to bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Mine took a little longer as I used half wholemeal flour so do keep that in mind. The best way to test is stick a skewer in the middle of the muffin and pull out to check. If the stick comes out clean your muffins are ready.
|Fig and coconut muffins fresh out the oven|