- Coat chicken well in marinade and leave for 2 hours.
- Blend paste ingredients to make a paste.
- Shallow fry chicken pieces till golden brown and remove from pan.
- Fry clove, cardamom, star anise and cinnamon until fragrant.
- Add the paste and fry until fragrant. It’s important to cook off the paste to really get the full flavour. Stir regularly to avoid burning.
- Next, add all other ingredients and chicken then mix well.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked well. I like to leave it simmering for 1 hour. Add salt to taste and stir well.
- Best served with coconut rice.
|cooking the paste|